Then the ones who pleased the Lord will ask, "When did we give you something to eat or drink? When did we welcome you as a stranger or give you clothes to wear or visit you while you were sick or in jail?"
The King will answer, "Whenever you did it for any of my people, no matter how unimportant they seemed, you did it for me." .......Matthew 25

Friday, December 21, 2007

Preah Ong


Preah Ong
do you know me?
people come and
say you know me
know my name
how can it be
w
hen i don't even
know my own name

Preah Ong
do you know me
out here where the roads don't come?
where the rains cry
unwanted tears
and the sun closes my eyes
in pain

Preah Ong, father
do you really know me?
when i don't even know my father
and my mother's arms
are too tired to hold me

Preah Ong
if you know me
please call my name
that i may come to you
and put my face in your heart

Preah Ong
take me to where my stomach
does not hurt
from hunger
hold me
till the sound of your breath
takes away my fear
and brings me rest

Preah Ong
i need you to know me

e.

No comments: